Childcare available for small fee
A one-day workshop packed with foundational lessons and money-management tips for parents and teens. Leave with a better understanding of how to help your kids succeed in life.
Advertising, social media and our consumer culture is programming teens and young adults that debt is normal and spending beyond one’s means is necessary for happiness and success in life. Parents need help teaching their kids sound financial advice that “gets through” the marketing spin and helps them see the reality and need for financial disciplines that lead to success in life. Young adults need tools to help them deal with debt while trying to launch their career, marriage and family.
What will we cover at the workshop?
1. Review cultural norms today and the social aspects of spending, saving and giving.
2. Review parental influences on a child’s attitude and discipline towards money.
3. Workshop on college costs and strategies to reduce college debt.
4. Workshop on family financial planning strategies & spending plans.
5. Workshop ways that families can eliminate debt.
6. Workshop ways that families can invest for their future & their children.
7. Answer parent / teen questions about where they can go for more info and help
Schedule of the day
* 9:00-10:00 = introductory talks from Pastors & overview of workshop topics / options.
* 10:00-10:10 = 10 min break
* 10:10-10:40 = Workshop breakout #1 (choose from options)
* 10:40-10:45 – 5 min break
* 10:45-11:15 = Workshop breakout #2 (choose from options)
* 11:15-11:45 = Workshop breakout #3 (choose from options)
* 11:45-12:00 = Next steps, final Q&A and closing prayer